This ‘in-person’ or ‘online & live’ workshop has every student actually writing their Personal Statement.
Students leave this workshop having written a first draft of their individual personal statement for university or a covering letter for apprenticeships/employment AND an action plan to enhance it further.
The Personal Statement Writing Workshop:
- Makes an excellent fast start to the application process - tutors typically have a first draft of the personal statement/covering letter by the end of the same day.
- Is tailored to complement existing application processes.
- Lessens the ‘drag’ on the final submission of personal statements (in the students’ desire for perfection).
- Enables tutors and subject staff to spend more time fine-tuning rather than in the creation of a personal statement or covering letter.
- Reduces stress and anxiety for students given they know the personal statement/covering letter is critical for their future.
- Allows students to focus more on their studies in Year 13, avoiding potential distraction and loss of concentration in lessons.
- Helps generate even higher quality personal statements/covering letters which can be submitted earlier and that sometimes facilitate better/more offers.