This ‘in-person’ or ‘online & live’ conference helps students develop good independent learning skills, for the sixth form, university and the workplace.
Schools find that this conference supports subject teachers across the curriculum, helping to set the right academic expectation and work ethic. Specifically, it enhances four key independent learning skills:
- Speed Reading (reading faster with the same comprehension)
- Effective Note Taking (making good notes from speech)
- Condensing/Summarising (to 20% of the original written text)
- Time Management (using our time effectively and efficiently)
- Read around their subject
- Research effectively
- Avoid plagiarism
- Revise effectively
- Optimise work-life balance
- Avoid last-minute itis, and
- Stay focussed on their studies throughout their 2 year courses.
Students and staff regularly tell us that our conferences are enjoyable and engaging, especially as we incorporate lots of activities throughout. Schools like that students go away having practised the techniques and are ready to implement them across the curriculum.
We will work alongside you to ensure that the conference is well organised and a success for all. It will be delivered by Chloe, Meg and/or Steve, each with 10+ years’ experience of developing, refining and delivering conferences in schools.
"You will never change your life until you change something you do daily.
The secret of your success is found in your daily routine."