This conference enhances independent learning skills students need for the sixth form.
Do you find that some sixth formers need help with the skills to:
- Read around their subject?
- Extract/condense information from sources and avoid plagiarism?
- Make effective notes during lessons?
- Create a persuasive presentation and get their message across?
- Manage their time effectively, optimise work-life balance and avoid ‘last-minute-itis’?
Our Independent Learning Conference (designed for a whole year group) addresses all of these challenges in a single morning. The students go away level-setted, having practised the techniques and ready to implement them across the curriculum.
We are trusted partners for 100s of schools and our experienced presenters will get to know you and your school and work with you on an ongoing basis. The conference is broken into short, sharp sections with energisers and breaks, and can be tailored to meet your exact needs. All of this means that students and staff regularly tell us that our training is highly effective, enjoyable and engaging.
In summary, an Independent Learning Conference will help your students to:
- Make a positive fast-start to the sixth form
- Better cope with the transition from GCSE to sixth form learning
- Achieve their maximum potential in their sixth form exams
- Prepare for independent study at university and in the workplace
"You will never change your life until you change something you do daily.
The secret of your success is found in your daily routine."