All of your Year 12 students will leave this morning workshop having written a first draft of their individual personal statement and an action plan to enhance it further.
The Personal Statement Writing Workshop:
- Is tailored to complement existing application processes.
- Avoids the ‘drag’ on the submission of draft personal statements (in the students’ desire for perfection).
- Means tutors can receive the first draft and action plan on the same day as the workshop, making an excellent fast start to the application process.
- Enables tutors and subject staff to spend more time fine-tuning rather than in the creation of a personal statement.
- Reduces stress and anxiety for students given they know the personal statement is so critical for their future.
- Allows students to focus more on their studies in Year 13, avoiding potential distraction and loss of concentration in lessons.
- Ultimately leads to even higher quality personal statements which are submitted earlier in the UCAS application cycle, sometimes facilitating better/more offers.
Having a good personal statement can make the difference between getting the university course (or employment) of choice and being rejected. A good personal statement helps a student to stand out from the crowd, and explains why the university (or employer) should choose him/her above all the other applicants. It's therefore essential that we do all we can to help students compete.